I recently got to travel on a plane. It was my first time and I was very excited. In fact, when we arrived I was the last person to get out of the plane. As I walked past the stewardess she complimented my cologne saying that I smelt so wonderful. Now I am a married man, but I have to admit it feels so wonderful receiving any compliments from a beautiful woman. It is a wonderful feeling that you have to experience in order to truly understand. So, how to find your perfect design perfume?
Check out Some Reviews of perfect design perfume
First, let me congratulate you. After all, you have just taken the first step to finding your signature scent. Despite the many merits that come with wearing a fragrance, only about 20% of men wear them. This means that you should not really be embarrassed if you do not know anything about fragrances. Here you can find some awesome reviews on different fragrances. Reading such articles will give you an in-depth look into fragrances. In fact, some reviews even go as far as telling you when and where to use them. So this should always be the first step you take when searching for a fragrance.
Understand the Different Types of Fragrances
Fragrances are divided into different categories. These categories are based on their composition and concentration. Here are the categories:
- Eau Fraiche- these are the most dilute and cheapest versions of fragrances. They only have about 1-3% of perfume oil in water or alcohol. Consequently, they last for less than an hour.
- Eau de Cologne (Cologne) – the name has its origins in North America where it was used for masculine scents. They are composed of 2-4% perfume oil in water or alcohol. They usually last for about 2 hours.
- Eau de Toilette (Toilette) – Has a light composition with 5-15% pure perfume oil dissolved into water or alcohol. It can last up to 3 hours.
- Eau de Parfum (Perfume) – historically this category of perfume is considered unisex. The cologne version contains 15-20% perfume essence in water or alcohol. It is very long-lasting with a lifespan of about 5-8 hours.
- Parfum – this refers to the Latin word per fumum which means through the smoke. They are the most expensive and concentrated fragrances. They contain 20- 30% pure perfume oils in water or alcohol. Consequently, it has impressive longevity that can last even up to 24 hours.
Knowing the category of a fragrance can help you find one that will be the best fit for your needs. A fragrance will usually have its category indicated on the bottle or box.
Look Into The Fragrance’s Life Cycles
A fragrance’s life cycle simply refers to the changes that take place in the fragrance over its lifetime. Just like the categories above this one is also divided into three categories. Namely:
- Top note – this is the initial scent that you get on your skin immediately after application. Depending on the type of design perfume it can last anywhere between 15 minutes – 2 hours. They are typically composed of marines and aquatics, citrus, fruity scents, light floral scents, and powdery scents.
- Medium note (heart note or middle note) – this is considered to showcase the main element of the fragrance. They develop after the top note clears and can last anywhere between 3-5 hours. Also, it should be noted that the top and middle notes build off each other. Consequently, heart notes are typically composed of green scents such as stone or grass, or heavier floral smells like jasmine. Spicy and fruity scents such as cinnamon and mandarin can also appear here.
- Base note- this is the foundation of the scent in which elements become more noticeable throughout the day. Consequently, they lay the foundation that determines how long the whole fragrance will last on your skin. They tend to last for 5-10 hours. In a masculine fragrance base note typically consist of moss, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver, tar, leather, tobacco, smoke, and musk.
Test Them If Possible
From the details above it is easy to see that choosing a signature scent is a little more complex than people tend to think. Liking the initial top note is not the same as liking the whole scent. Consequently, it would be wise to get a tester for a fragrance you like online. This will enable you to test all the notes of the fragrance on your skin. If you like the fragrance you can proceed to order it online.
There you have it, 4 easy tips that can help you find your perfect design perfume. However, I have to insist that you order the fragrances online. Here you are bound to find them in a more pocket-friendly price than most stores. Also, with the holidays coming up there are bound to be some amazing discounts on Amazon. Don’t forget to share this post and visit our homepage.