Venturing into a hoodie line can be a gratifying experience for someone who is creative and has a passion for it. Having your own brand is now easier than ever since you can already market it online and in a physical store. In this way, you can reach a wider range of customers with a limited budget.
If you’ve ever been planning on starting a hoodie line, this article will be a great help. We will show you every step to begin your hoodie brand strong and marketable.
Design Your Hoodies
One of the main reasons you may plan to create your brand is because you know how quality clothes look like. The most fun part is when you start making the designs for your hoodie. There are tons of ideas that you could pick, but make sure to stick with the niche in the industry you have chosen.
You can design your own hoodies in so many ways, but if you prefer to have them printed by others, there are reliable online stores you can count on. One of the advantages of letting other stores print your hoodies is you won’t need to invest in printing machines. Besides, your hoodies will be available for sale in no time.
Design is essential, so you’ll know what brand and trademark your hoodie line will have. If you are still having difficulty discovering your brand identity, you can just follow the trend. Some designers put catchy slogans on their hoodies; just make sure the color of the text will complement the color of the hoodie.
Get Your Designs Assessed
Once you’ve got your designs ready, it’s important to have them assessed by people who can relate to your brand. Getting their thoughts about your creation will give you valuable insights on how to make them better and more marketable. Being a newbie in the hoodie business, it is essential for you to learn from insiders.
Remember to note all their ideas about your designs; then, make a final review of their comments. Next, extract all ideas that you can use to improve your design. Finalize everything and have your first batch of hoodies printed and ready to be sold.
Start Your Hoodie Business
After you’ve printed the first batch of your hoodies, you will want to open your business to the public officially. But before that, you have to make sure that you have registered your business and got a license to operate. Requirements may vary depending on the country or region you are in, so make sure to consult these matters with legal experts.
There are ways to sell/market your product online and in the physical store. And here are some ways to do them:
- 3rd Party Online Stores: You can reach thousands of prospect customers using 3rd party platforms such as Shopify, Etsy, Woocommerce, or eBay. Opening an online store to sell your products will give you more chances to make things move.
- Build Your Website: If you want people to build trust in your product, creating a website for your business is a wise move to sell your items. However, you should do this only if you already have a solid customer base since creating a website can cost you a lot.
- Have Your Own Boutique: Do it if you think you have enough resources to open your brick-and-mortar. It can help obtain more trust from your customers and later on increase your sales. One of the advantages of opening a boutique is you can sell other items along with your hoodies under your business’s trademark.
Set Prices For Your Hoodies
When you already have prepared everything, now it’s finally time to set the prices for your hoodies. Prices may depend on the cost of the production; if you plan to use a 3rd party printing shop to produce your product, you can set a lower price. However, keep the profit margin above 30%, so that you can continuously grow your business.
Here are some other things that you must consider when setting prices for your hoodies:
- Who are your customers? Since you will be selling your brand, you will quickly know your market. Recognizing your customers are essential when pricing your products.
- How much are they willing to pay? The next step is to know their budget for clothes like the one you are selling. Get to know your competitors in the market and then set your price competitively.
- Do you offer free shipping? If you plan to sell your hoodies online, you must decide if you’ll offer free shipping. If so, you should choose the cheapest possible way to deliver products to customers and add the shipping fee to the price of your hoodie.
If you have a passion for fashion and are equipped with a creative mind, we are sure you can easily establish your clothing brand. Don’t be afraid to risk something you want; believe in yourself, and follow all the tips above.
If you’re looking for expert assistance in building your hoodie business, Printailor is at your service. With years of industry experience and a wide assortment of hoodie designs, it covers all you need to raise a successful brand. Sign up on the website and begin to design and sell today!